Owner :: June 2016 - Present
Black Beard's Salvage
Built and managed an eBay store with 700+ items. Shipped 100s of packages both domestically and internationally, achieving 100% feedback and 0 returns.
- Communicated with eBay customers on an on-going basis to answer questions, provide further details about items for sale, and collect payment.
- Proficient with all aspects of shipping including cost-benefit analysis of shipping options to determine cheapest and fastest options, adding insurance, tracking, and researching lost packages.
- Managed inventory of 700 items, with a constant flow of units into and out of storage area.
- Conducted monthly sales to keep inventory flowing, and semi-annual inventory purges to remove stale inventory.
Senior Systems Architect :: January 2016 - September 2017
As a senior team member I am responsible for working with sales to architect and estimate projects during the proposal phase, and working with team members to complete said projects.
- Project Estimation
- System Architecture Reviews
- Continuous Integration and Deployment Systems
- Unit Testing
- Database Optimization
- Front and Backend Coding
- Server Configuration
Front End Engineer :: April 2015 - January 2016
Distributor Data Solutions
I work on a team creating a big data solution for electrical distributor websites.
- Created AngularJS demo application to showcase DDS's API
- Created AngularJS/mongodb issue tracking system for internal use
- Developed customer integrations using Java
- Wrote end user API documentation and user guides
- Provided support for 3rd party developers
- Setup Jenkins CI server on AWS with CodeDeploy integration
- Amazon Web Services (CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, CloudSearch, DynamoDB, EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53)
- Unit testing (AngularJS/Karma and Java/JUnit)
- Programmed corporate website
Freelance Web Development :: October 2014 - April 2015
I took a break to freelance with a focus on cool innovative projects and learning new technologies.
Interactive Trailmap using existing image resources from a mobile application. Although flawed, considering the budget, I'm very proud of the results.
I have done several mini projects for Pixel Crane taming Adobe Edge Animate interactions which have a tendency to misbehave.
I'm doing some work for HingeTest, a company that focuses on improving website traffic and conversions.
Senior Systems Architect :: February 2013 - October 2014
I managed a team consisting of developers, design and QA professionals that developed custom CRM software. My personal responsibilities also included systems administration, and maintenence on the customer facing website.
- Created and managed development lifecycle
- Developed QA program and trained entry level QA employees
- Jenkins CI Server
- MVC/OOP PHP programming using CakePHP 2.x and MySQL
- Porting legacy system to CakePHP
- Integration with QuickBooks Online Edition
- RackSpace Cloud/Ubuntu Linux systems administration
- Made significant SEO and performance upgrades
Senior Systems Architect/Software Development Manager :: November 2009 - January 2013
I led a team of internal and contract employees that maintained and extended TruHearing's in-house CRM and customer facing websites. The CRM includes a custom ordering system used by thousands of hearing aid providers, software used by the
customer service and provider relations call centers, and member signups.
- Release and build management
- MVC/OOP PHP programming using CakePHP 1.3 and Postgresql 8.4
- Front-end UI development using jQuery, 960 Grid and Hartija
- Realtime websockets notification system using Node.js
- QuickBooks integration using ConsoliBYTE's PHP DevKit
- Contributed patches to ConsoliBYTE's PHP DevKit
- Digium SwitchVox integration
Freelance Programmer :: 2002 - November 2009
For several years I had my own business where I worked as a freelancer or consultant helping companies build and maintain their websites — either directly or as a subcontractor for various designers, marketing agencies and other businesses.
During this time I worked on hundreds of websites and web applications.
- Custom web and software programming
- Advanced application development
- Website performance optimization
- Wordpress and other content management tools
- E-commerce, inventory and CRM solutions
- Garbett Homes - website, crm
- Bryson Garbett for Senate - website
- Deer Valley Ski Resort - website, flash interactive trail map
- Utah First Credit Union - website
- Online Community Solutions - website, crm
- Hamlet Homes - award winning website
- Fibrowellness - website
- Fackeral Farms - website
- Sunnahae Lodge - website
- Lodge at Red River Ranch - website
- Iomega - landing pages
- Proline Range Hoods - website, SEO, e-commerce, multi-store site inventory system
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - UI/UX for several applications, private leadership blog
- Trakit GPS - UI/UX for GPS fleet management application
- Solex - UI/UX front end development
- UtahWeb - systems administration
- Mrs. Fields/TCBY - Salesforce Integration
Art Director :: 2000-2002
NAI Utah Commercial Real Estate
I designed fliers, brochures, direct mail pieces, business cards, newspaper ads and other printed materials. That design work included GIS projects such as creating custom maps and ordering overhead photography. I started getting into web
programming when I redesigned their website, did some HTML email pieces and developed their intranet.
- Managed development and design of corporate website
- Administered file and IIS servers on Windows NT 4.0, and Windows 2000
- Created thematic and aerial maps using ArcView 3.2
- Developed custom intranet applications